As a Full-stack developer, you will:
- Be designing, developing, and maintaining new features to further improve our products
- Work in a role that adapts alongside the business needs
- Apply the latest techniques in engineering
- Ensure that output is up to production quality
- Following an agile process (Scrum) to make sure your deliverables are visible to the entire team and company stakeholders
- Work with an experienced team of engineers who will pair program and guide you throughout your development journey
- 4 hours for self-development weekly (learn while you work)
- Work with OI (Otermans Institute) who have been funded by Innovate UK and awarded by the UK Prime Minister; our work is revolutionising how underserved populations learn and access learning.
The ideal Fullstack Developer will have the following:
- Developing and maintaining Python automation toolsets and databases
- Experience in modern frontend frameworks (React, Next, etc) for developing client-side code
- Ability to code to standards and share best practices with the team
- Unit and integration testing
- Focus on performance optimisation, quality automation and shared cluster metrics
- Toolsets: React/Next (Frontend), Postgresql/MongoDB (Database), Python and Node (Backend), YAML Pipelines (CICD)
- Demonstrable experience in software development for high traffic and availability websites
- Experience in working with an agile team and environment
- Research-based problem solving
You will work to solve real-world problems and on production level outputs. You will learn key engineering techniques on the job, code in tandem with team members, work in defined sprints run by senior management and learn key communication and transferable skills needed for high-level tech roles.
Start date: Immediately
Post completion: A minimum of one candidate will be taken in as a full-time engineer with scope for work from our London office.
Video interview with a member of our team @ Otermans Institute.
Pair programming with one of our developers to test your technical competency.
Final interview with senior management.